AMD antimicrobial foam dressing, 8" x 8".
AMD Foam Dressings manufactured by Kendall for Covidien are antimicrobial dressings designed to treat infected wounds and prevent infection. The dressing provides a balance of managing moisture and bacteria to create the optimal healing environment. Proven effective up to 7 days, AMD Foam Dressings offer significant savings when compared to silver dressings. The dressing is composed of a dense inner foam core that maximizes retention of moisture and exudate, paired with a micro structured open cell surface that wicks moisture away from the wound.
- Contain PHMB (Polyhexamethylene Biguanide).
- Resist bacterial colonization within the dressing.
- Reduce bacterial penetration through the dressing.
- Provides protection against gram-, gram+ ( including MRSA and VRE) and fungi/yeast microorganisms.
- Limits cross-contamination from and to the patient, clinician and environment.
- Sterile and hypoallergenic.