- Has hand brakes that includes a locking system
- 8-inched wheels for a smooth ride
- Made with durable steel construction
- Nicely cushioned and contoured knee rest
- Adjustable height for leg bench and steering column
- Includes vinyl pouch for storage
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Gently wipe the frame with a soft, damp cloth to remove dust and dirt and do this once a week.
- Wipe immediately when exposed to moisture.
- Do not use an abrasive cleaner to avoid scratches.
- To clean the grips and cushion, use only a clean towel dampened with cool water.
- Make sure the grips are dry before using.
- DO NOT use ammonia-based cleaning solutions or soap on hand grips or cushion as they may loosen or crack.
- Clean wheels only with warm water and a mild cleanser.
- Wipe dry with a clean cloth.
- Regularly check that the steering column, seat lever, and brakes are fully-functioning.
- Check for loosened parts.
- Discontinue use if parts have issues until they have been fixed.
- Do not attempt to adjust or operate your steerable knee walker without reading manual carefully.
- Do not use when user has exceeded the maximum weight capacity.
- Use this walker as a walking aid only.
- Do not use on stairs or drops.
- Do not sit on handles, knee rests, or frame.
- Do not lean forward while pressing on the brakes.
- Keep hands on the handles always when using the walker.
- If user needs to turn the knee walker, turn at a slow pace.
- Use Cardinal Health accessories only as they all fit perfectly.
- For additional instructions on how to use the product, consult with your healthcare provider.
- Expand the steerable knee walker by pushing down on the folding metal frame.
- Lock the frame securely into place by rotating the locking mechanism lever clockwise to tighten the quick release clamp, pushing the locking handle against the side of the frame.
- Push the steering column upward until fully upright.
- Rotate the lever clockwise to tighten the quick release clamp, pushing the locking handle against the side of the steering column to securely lock into place.
- Remove the star screw located just below the handlebar and extend the steering column until the handlebars are at wrist level.
- Align the holes in steering column and re-insert the star screw, tightening knob securely.
- Remove the star screw located on the knee bench supporting column. Insert the knee bench post, positioning the knee bench to the appropriate height.
- Align the holes and re-insert the star screw through the knee bench column, tightening knob securely.
- Using the hex wrench (included in package), loosen the hand brake lever to reposition and/or tighten to a more comfortable position.
- Brake tightness can be adjusted with the nuts at either end of the brake cable. Turning the screw clockwise will loosen the brake, while turning the screw counterclockwise will tighten it.
- Squeeze the hand brake lever and push down the parking brake lock to lock the steerable knee walker. Squeeze the hand brake lever again to release the parking brake lock.
- To fold the steering column down, pull the lock lever away from the steerable knee walker until the lock is disengaged. While holding the lock lever in the down position, fold the steering column down until it rests on the knee pad.
- To fold the frame, pull the frame lock lever away from the steerable knee walker until the lock is disengaged. While holding the lever in place, pull up on the frame until wheels come together.
- Ensure that the brakes are working correctly. Over time the brake cables may stretch with use and should be adjusted to ensure continued proper operation. Failure to do this may result in injury to the user.
- Ensure all parts are secure and moving parts are in good working order.
- Ensure the seat lock lever and steering column lever are securely locked into place.
- All four wheels MUST be in contact with the floor at all times during use to ensure the steerable knee walker is properly balanced.
- Be aware of your surroundings when operating the steerable knee walker. Watch for safety hazards, such as cords, floor rugs, and other obstacles.
- Place injured leg on bench, centered side-to-side and positioned forward to cover the full length of bench.
- With injured leg on bench, stand as straight as possible (adjust the height as necessary).
- With injured foot pointing down, the propulsion leg should be kept as close as possible to the bench.
- While on your toes, start out with small steps with propulsion leg. Concentrate on keeping that leg next to the bench. With practice, you should be able to move forward without deviating to the opposite side.
- Using the Hand Brake: The steerable knee walker’s brake is similar to a bicycle and also has a locking feature. To use the brake, simply pull the lever with your fingertips toward the handlebar.
- To lock the brake, pull the brake lever towards the handlebar and push down on the spring-loaded push button (located on top of brake). When correctly engaged, push button will remain down and brake lever will be locked in place.
To release brake, simply pull lever towards the handlebar. Push
pin will pop up automatically.
Free Standard shipping on orders over $50. Most orders delivered between 3-5 business days.
Standard and Expedited shipping fees depend on weight. Please checkout to see rates.
FedEx Standard Overnight shipping available for most orders. Price depends on weight and location.
Same Day Processing available on most orders if placed before 1 PM EST. Restrictions apply. For additional info please see our shipping policy here.