Enteral Supplies, Nutrition, RTH Supplemental Nutrition
Glucerna 1.5 Cal, Vanilla 8 oz. Ready-to-Hang with Safety Screw Connector
Glucerna 1.5 Cal is a high-calorie and high-protein specialized medical food supplement with a prime carbohydrate blend for patients with type 1 or type 2 diabetes to enhance glycemic control.
Product Main Features
- For patients with hyperglycemia/abnormal glucose tolerance
- For patients with diabetes (type 1 or type 2)
- Lessens the blood glucose response
- Oral supplement
- Includes 24 essential Vitamins and Minerals
- Halal and Kosher
- Gluten-Free and Suitable for lactose intolerance
Glucerna 1.5 Cal is a high-calorie and high-protein specialized medical food supplement with a prime carbohydrate blend for patients with type 1 or type 2 diabetes to enhance glycemic control. Glucerna has CarbSteady, a unique formula that consists of slowly digestive carbohydrates that lessens blood glucose response after a patient has taken a meal. Glucerna 1.5 Cal also contains Chromium picolinate, an essential nutrient that supports carbohydrate metabolism. The Glucerna formulation is ideal for patients having a history of glucose intolerance resulting from metabolic stress after trauma, illness, and infection. In each Glucerna 1.5 Cal Nutrition supplement serving, the patient gains 24 key vitamins and minerals to obtain a complete diet. Glucerna 1.5 may be used for total or supplemental nutrition. This product is in a ready-to-hang container that has a safety screw connector which will be easy for patients in tube feeding.
Glucerna 1.5 Cal is also contains a probiotic fiber called NutraFlora scFOS that promotes optimal digestion and for colon health. A percentage of the overall caloric content of Glucerna also contains saturated plant-based omega-3 fatty acids drawn from canola oil. Each serving of Glucerna offers rich monounsaturated fatty acids for a healthy heart. This research is supported by the American Heart Association and American Diabetes Association.
Glucerna 1.5 Cal is brought to you by Abbott Nutrition that has been providing quality nutritional products for all ages in a long time. And through thorough research and development, their products have helped thousands. Each of their products is specially formulated depending on an individual’s nutritional needs. Abbott Nutrition’s mission has always been discovering and providing ways to achieve a full life through strengthening one’s health.
Product contains Soy and Milk Ingredients.
Not for UV use.
Use with a supervision of medical professional.
Store unopened at room temperature and avoid extreme temperatures
Intended for single-patient use only
Not for patients with galactosemia
Instructions for Use: Ready-To-Hang Container
Follow these instructions for clean technique and proper setup to reduce the potential for microbial contamination.
NOTE: Failure to follow the Instructions for Use increases the potential for microbial contamination and reduces hangtime.
- Pump feeding is recommended.
- Use an 8 Fr or larger tube. (If gravity feeding use a 10 Fr or larger tube).
- Administer product at room temperature.
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water before handling the container.
- Turn container upside down and SHAKE VIGOROUSLY, using a twisting motion for at least 10 seconds.
- DO NOT touch any part of the container or feeding set that comes into contact with the formula.
- When initiating feeding, follow physician’s instructions.
- Adjust flow rate and volume according to patient’s condition and tolerance.
- Additional fluid requirements should be met by giving water between or after feedings or when flushing the tube.
- Always follow directions for use provided with feeding set.
Product Information and Specification
Water, Sodium & Calcium Caseinates, Corn Maltodextrin, High Oleic Safflower Oil, Canola Oil, Isomaltulose, Fructose, Soy Protein Isolate, Sucromalt, Short-Chain Fructooligosaccharides, Glycerine, Potassium Citrate, Magnesium Chloride, Oat Fiber, Calcium Phosphate, Soy Fiber, Soy Lecithin, Natural & Artificial Flavor, Sodium Citrate, Inositol, Ascorbic Acid, Choline Chloride, Magnesium Phosphate, Carnitine, Taurine, Sodium Chloride, dl-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Ferrous Sulfate, Gellan Gum, Zinc Sulfate, Niacinamide, Calcium Pantothenate, Manganese Sulfate, Cupric Sulfate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Beta-Carotene, Vitamin A Palmitate, Riboflavin, Chromium Picolinate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Sodium Molybdate, Sodium Selenate, Potassium Iodide, Phylloquinone, Cyanocobalamin, and Vitamin D3.
Net Weight: 8 oz.
Quantity: 1 Each
Container Type: Ready-to-Hang Container
Calories per Serving: 356 calories
Manufacturer: Abbott Nutrition
UPC: 699618337617, 689557689496
You can browse more Nutritional Supplements here at BuyMedical.